Bolton Bishop was officially formed in 2001 by Reg Bolton and Pat Bishop and in 2013, Reg and Pat welcomed Medicine Hat native, Sarah Bowman as a new associate. In 2015, Sarah became a partner alongside Pat and the two of them are proud to say that Reg remains active in the firm.
With the support of their trusted staff, the lawyers at Bolton Bishop Bowman can claim over 85 years of combined legal experience.
Bolton Bishop Bowman is primarily a solicitor practice, specializing in the following areas of law:
- Real estate transactions, including sales, purchases, mortgages and leases for residential, agricultural and commercial clients
- Corporate transactions including new incorporations, shareholder agreements and corporate reorganizations
- Asset and share sale and purchase transactions
- Estate planning, including wills, enduring powers of attorney and personal directives
- Estate administration
- Adult guardianship and trusteeship
The firm treats clients with a personal touch and concern and enjoys a solid reputation in Medicine Hat and its surrounding areas. Pat has maintained a Thursday afternoon office in Bow Island for over 35 years and this legacy will continue with both Pat and Sarah servicing this vibrant community.
Bolton Bishop Bowman is steadfast in treating each and every client with personal care and concern, which is evidenced by the firm’s long standing and loyal client base.
VISION & VALUES
At the heart of Bolton Bishop Bowman is a set of values that informs every decision we make and the way we engage with our clients and one another.
We are committed to our clients:
- We put our clients’ interests first
- We listen to understand our clients’ needs and deliver practical advice
- We develop lasting client relationships
We are one firm:
- We work together through collective efforts and mutual support
- We promote a friendly, supportive, “open-door” culture
- We put the interests of the firm before those of any individual, team or office within it
We treat everyone with respect:
- We are courteous and respectful in all of our dealings with others
- We develop trusted relationships built on honesty and integrity
- We recognize the value of different perspectives and opinions
Bolton Bishop Bowman
At A Glance
B.Law – Queen’s University, 1979
Admitted to Alberta Bar, 1980
Practiced in Medicine Hat, 1979-present
About Our Team
At Bolton Bishop Bowman, we have been fortunate over the years, retaining a large portion of experienced staff, even from the first day we opened. We have a genuine and co-operative team that puts pride and effort into the files they handle. Each staff member has been in the legal field for 15 years or more.
We treat our clients like they are our friends. We feel privileged to be involved in our clients’ lives, and we strive to make a difference by taking a part in attaining their goals.
Bolton Bishop Bowman is looking to expand their legal team and is currently taking applications for an associate position. Interested applicants can contact Sarah Bowman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At A Glance
JD – University of Manitoba, 2011
Admitted to Alberta Bar, 2012
Articled & practiced in Calgary, 2011-2013
Practiced in Medicine Hat, 2013-present